24 Lut HOW TO RECRUIT CANDIDATES FOR REMOTE WORK?
Access to the best specialists, lowering the costs of running a business and higher employee productivity – all this makes remote work more and more attractive for employers. On the other hand, employees value flexibility, work-life balance and greater independence that this form of employment gives them. And since the candidates, which are challenging to find nowadays, constantly ask about the possibility of working remotely, employers can do nothing but adapt to this trend.
Recruitment of remote employees is not only related to the search for specialists with hard skills, but also with a certain set of features needed for effective work at a distance like:
- excellent communication skills – after all, all tasks and the degree of their implementation will be discussed remotely
- strong organizational skills (self-discipline) – a good remote employee is one who can set priorities and implement several projects at the same time
- good time management – most of the time the remote employee plans his / her time to complete the task on time
- ability to work in a team – remote work is not only intended for specialists in independent positions, so it is important for the employee to be able to share responsibilities with others and, if necessary, ask the team for support
- responsibility – you don’t want to hire a person who will be late in replying to messages or will soon leave his job
Having these qualities is often crucial when hiring remote workers, because unlike technical knowledge or hard skills, they cannot be quickly acquired or trained.
As an Octopus-Partners company, we are committed to check this skill set during the very first phone interview with the candidate to provide your company with the best specialist for remote work!